Preparing for WAS
Greetings delegate & parents! Congratulations on your selection to attend the upcoming World Affairs Seminar.
On Saturday, June 23th, you will embark on a unique adventure at the 2018 World Affairs Seminar. We are excited about the international, educational and social networking opportunities available to you and the caliber of delegates taking part!
If you are not able to arrive between about noon and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 23rd, or as discussed earlier with Seminar staff, please let us know as soon as possible.
- If you are being dropped off, you will want to go to the building where you will register. For young men, that is Kilgour Hall (119 E. College Avenue). For young women, it is North/South Bergstrom Hall (135 S. East Avenue). There is parking in the back of each of these buildings.
- If you are driving, you can park temporarily and register as described in the paragraph above. As you register, let the staff know that you are driving and they will direct you to the parking area where you are to leave your car for the week. Once your car is parked and locked, you need to turn your keys in to the WAS office located in the Campus Center. They will be returned to you Friday morning, June 29th.
During registration you will receive your dorm assignment, group assignment and check in with the nurse. You then can stow your personal items in the dorm room and meet your roommate.
During the seminar week, our WAS office phone number at Carroll University is 262.951.3196. Our regular office number will only be checked once or twice each day. The same applies to our office fax. Please share this with your families.
Departure is Friday, June 29th, any time after you have finished breakfast and said your good-byes, but before noon, please. There is no programming on Friday; it is strictly a travel day.
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to contact us. It’s going to be a great week!
On this page you will find important information and documents to help you better prepare for the seminar in June, as well as some helpful links curated for you to explore leading up to WAS.
What To Pack
Leaving home for a week can seem like a daunting task when you are trying to pack your suitcase. Don’t fret! We have a list of top recommended items to bring to the seminar (and what not to bring). Among them:
- Comfortable walking shoes
- A small window/desk fan
- Spending money (for WAS & Carroll Univ. t-shirts, late night pizzas, etc.)
- A notebook & pen/pencil
- An instrument or talent/hobby for the Talent Show (Wednesday night)
- Personal bed linens & towels (highly recommended; see attached packing list)
- Completed, Signed, Dated forms, including Health/Consent/Expectations & Rules MUST be received prior to the start of the seminar on Saturday!
Bring only what you are willing to carry! Please leave your valuables at home.
Click Here to download our complete Packing List.
Links & Resources
Seminar Check-In Parking
WAS Male Dormitory
WAS Female Dormitory
Where To Go
The Seminar is located at Carroll University
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, Wisconsin 53186
Check-In takes place in the Campus Center. When you arrive on campus, look for our staff counselors in the red hats & red staff t-shirts. We will be happy to point you in the right direction!
Young Men will be located in Kilgour Hall (119 E. College Avenue).
Young Women will be located in North & South Bergstrom Halls (135 S. East Avenue)