..PUBLISHED APRIL 09, 2020.
Dear 2020 Delegates and Parents,
We have been hard at work preparing for the 2020 World Affairs Seminar: Hunger in a World of Plenty. To those who have already submitted their applications, welcome and congratulations on your selection to participate in year’s seminar! The World Affairs Seminar (WAS) is a Rotary International Youth program of District 6270. WAS has provided a unique experience in international relations, leadership training and group dynamics for nearly 45 years.
The coronavirus pandemic has made it necessary for leadership of the World Affairs Seminar to revise our 2020 offering, keeping in mind the health, wellness and safety of delegates and staff. The 2020 World Affairs Seminar will be conducted in a revised, virtual format. We have decided to forego our usual venue of Carroll University, in Waukesha, Wis., due to health and safety concerns. Instead, delegates will participate utilizing remote access via personal computer, phone or tablet. This format eliminates travel, group meals and housing.
Seminar Dates: Monday, June 22nd – Thursday, June 25th, 2020.
Seminar Times: Midmorning – Midafternoon (Central Standard Time, CST) daily.
Delivery Method: Virtual Conference.
Your participation in the 2020 virtual World Affairs Seminar includes:
- Digital access to all live & prerecorded keynote lectures, break-out speakers, and small-group discussions for the duration of the seminar.
- Access to a procured digital library of academic resources related to the theme of the seminar during and following the seminar.
- Participation in virtual field trips and other academic or extra-curricular activities made available during the seminar.
- Inclusion in an online forum, for academic interaction, reflection and discussions during the seminar.
- Virtual access to World Affairs Seminar academic staff and team of counselors.
- Access to all other seminar materials and experiences, digital or otherwise.
- Opportunities for your sponsoring organization to audit the virtual seminar.
In order to participate, delegates must provide their own electronic device with internet connectivity. For everybody’s safety and security, all materials, including lectures, chat rooms and discussion boards will require login permissions, which will be provided to you in June.
Please do not make arrangements to travel to Carroll University (Waukesha, Wis.) to attend the seminar. Your attendance can be conducted from your home or another safe place!
Deleagtes should email us to confirm attendance in this year’s virtual seminar.
While we have proactively communicated these changes with your sponsor, participant’s should also work with parents and sponsors to ensure your ability to participate in this year’s virtual program. Be sure to check out our website, https://worldaffairsseminar.org/ for more information. Please contact us by email at email@example.com if you have any questions. We would love to hear from you!
We look forward to working with you in the coming weeks. We hope you are as excited as we are about this year’s “virtual” World Affairs Seminar!
The World Affairs Seminar Leadership & Staff