Welcome to World Affairs Seminar 2018!
Innovation: Shaping the World You Will Inherit
Saturday June 23 – Friday June 29, 2018
Days until WAS 2018:
At WAS 2018, you will
- Look at innovation from many points of view.
- Take field trips to places where innovation
- Work with fellow delegates to define issues and
problem areas related to innovation.
- Discover what you can do to make the changing world a
- Explore how traditional roles and new opportunities come together as
international societies adjust to the needs of the future.
- Learn how existing social systems are affected.
- Ask what part individual personal behaviors play.
The 2018 World Affairs Seminar will include experts sharing insights and views ranging from cutting edge science to centuries old traditions. Your role is to distill information, identify priorities, and develop skills to both lead and collaborate with others from different cultures to reach conclusions.
What does innovation mean to you?
Why Should You Attend?
Prepare yourself for an adventure that will broaden your understanding of international happenings and change your perspective. The World Affairs Seminar (WAS) brings you face to face with other students, experts, and leaders from the world over. You will engage in stimulating discussion of world affairs. You’ll interact with experienced professionals—from government, business, and academia. You will leave with strong bonds and lifelong friends.
Experience the diversity of global political, social and religious traditions. Share your ideas, make new friends, accept the challenge to find out more. Learn to explore and appreciate other points of view. Gain a better understanding of the world around you and where you fit in shaping the future.
At WAS, the goal is to open minds rather than advocate a specific viewpoint.
At the World Affairs Seminar, your opinions count – and so do those of others. It is up to you to decide what messages are credible and to evaluate and understand of how different people think about global issues and why. You will discuss, add to and exchange ideas about issues. You will formulate and express your thoughts, hear what others think, and find shared ground. Your leadership and negotiation skills will grow through training sessions and conversation with peers, presentors and counselors.
Experience college life on a safe campus in beautiful Southeast Wisconsin.
Attendance at WAS will add strength to your college enrollment applications because it validates your leadership and negotiation skills.
Plenty of fun, too!
International Talent Show Sing, dance, perform music, read poetry, be a comic… find like-minded students & create an act!
Global Music Night Always a highlight, the dance brings everyone together one last time to hang out, have fun, and exchange ideas.
Click to View Costs & Funding Options
PRICES AND FEES
- Domestic: $690 per student (US and Canada)
- International: $590 (includes a $100 USD)
- “Volume Discount” $50 each for 4 or more student delegates from the same sponsor.
- “Early Bird Discount” $50 each when payment is received by February 28. Note: names/applications not needed to receive Early Bird Discount.
- All discounts & scholarships may be combined to increase savings. IE: $685 – $100 International – $50 Early bird – $50 volume = $485 if all conditions are met.
- Six nights lodging in double occupancy campus residence halls
- Use of linen – sheets, pillowcases, towel & wash cloth (must be returned complete and undamaged)
- Meals from Saturday dinner through Friday breakfast
- Instructional materials and expenses
- Admission to all activities including Field Trips, Dance and Special Functions
- Use of Seminar related facilities, including computer rooms
- 24-hour nursing and staff counselors
- Use of Athletic Facilities (sign-up may be required)
NOT INCLUDED in Registration Fee:
- Transportation to and from the Seminar is the responsibility of the participant’s parent(s) and/or sponsor.
- Shuttle to and from airport ($35 round trip -Mitchell Field, Milwaukee and $55 round trip – O’Hare, Chicago)
- Items of a personal nature. (Note: we recommend you bring an additional towel and wash cloth)
DEADLINES FOR 2018 SEMINAR ARE:
- Early Bird Registration is Now Open ($50 Early Bird discount until February 28, 2018)
- May 21, 2018 General Registration Deadline: Payment and Student Applications Due
Please plan for next year. Call (414) 453-4984 for Info or e-mail us at email@example.com
Most students attend the World Affairs Seminar on scholarships provided by Service Clubs such as Rotary, Lions and Kiwanis.
You may be able to get help with tuition!
Schools, community groups, and local service clubs are often willing to help fund attendance at the World Affairs Seminar.
If your school, service club, or community group is not aware of our program, please share our website and contact information with them. Or, let us know how to reach them (organization name, contact name, club address, phone number, e-mail address) and we’ll provide them with an information packet.
The 2018 World Affairs Seminar will be hosted at Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
For more information, visit: