The 2020 World Affairs Seminar theme is Hunger in a World of Plenty. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s seminar will be offered virtually. We expect those who attend include delegates from over thirty nations. Each delegate will have her or his own story and perspective. By the end of the seminar, each delegate will know the stories of others and will have gained skills to help them shape the world they will inherit.
The 2020 virtual World Affairs Seminar will include:
- An international diplomacy exercise based on food chain issues;
- Virtual field trips to a variety of food production facilities;
- Engaging dialogue around the topics of:
- Food chains and food insecurity,
- Hunger at home and abroad,
- Rethinking world food production and distribution systems
- Keynote presentations from:
- Dr. Kelly Ottman, Milwaukee School of Engineering (Milwaukee, WI)
- Neal Patel , Amazon (Seattle, WA)
- Eilish Zembilci, Center for Strategic and International Studies (Washington, DC)
- Representatives from Rotary International
- …and more!
We thank you for your understanding and support.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Thomas Plantenberg, Executive Director
World Affairs Seminar
10600 W. Mitchell Street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53214
Want more updates like this to your inbox?
Thank you for your interest and support! Please subscribe to our email list to receive monthly updates about our program and how you can become involved in the upcoming seminar.
New this year, participants can now easily register online!
- Visit https://WorldAffairsSeminar.org/Register to complete digital registration or print registration forms for later.
- Registration Fee is $260.00 USD per participant.
- Scholarships available!
- U.S. and international high school students between 15-18 years of age.
- Registration includes complimentary “audit” of the seminar for parents and/or sponsoring organizations.
- Participants must have access to a personal computer, phone or tablet for significant portions of the day with broadband internet access enabling receipt of video presentations as well as interactive video conference calls.
- Deadline to register is June 17, 2020. Don’t delay!