As a way to show our gratitude to our most loyal supporters, and in light of the extraordinary circumstances of this year, we are pleased to announce that we have extended our early bird registration deadline by two weeks. If you have not already, we invite you to take advantage of our early bird discount through Friday, March 15th. All payments received or postmarked by March 15, 2021 are now eligible for our $25 early bird discount. See below for more details on our registration fees.
Virtual Seminar to Offer Engaging Experience
In case you missed it: On February 1, 2021, the Board of Directors of the World Affairs Seminar, in a unanimous vote, has determined that the 2021 World Affairs Seminar “Cities: Urban Life in a Changing World” will be 100% virtual. The decision was based on concerns for the health and well-being of delegates, staff, and faculty. Click here to view the full announcement.
Our academic team is already hard at work crafting an engaging and innovative experience for our delegates for 2021. We expect to have an exciting lineup of speakers from around the globe, as well as activities for delegates to participate in “on and offline” throughout the week.
Our Virtual Experience offers and engaging online participation at a reduced cost. Virtual sessions allow participants to tune in remotely from wherever they may be around the globe.
Virtual Experience Fees & Discounts
- Standard Rate: $365 per delegate.
- Early Bird Discount: $25 per delegate if fee is paid by March 15, 2021 (deadline extended!).
- Group Discount: Support of four (4) or more virtual delegates get an additional $25 discount per attendee.
Virtual Seminar Fees Include:
- Sessions specifically designed for participants to tune in and engage/interact virtually,
- All seminar materials, including Guidebook access,
- Instructional materials and expenses (includes keynote speakers & materials),
- Admission to all virtual activities,
- 24-hour access to trained and qualified staff counselors & facilitators.
Virtual Attendance Requirements
Participants will need consistent access to a computer, tablet or another mobile device with internet connectivity. Most interactive sessions will take place on the video-conferencing platform Zoom. A web-camera and microphone are highly recommended, although not required. Alternatively, you can use your phone to call into each Zoom meeting.